Direct: (213) 225-6003
- Santa Clara University, School of Law, J.D., 1997, Summa Cum Laude
- California State University, Fullerton, B.A., 1993, With Honors
Anita Jain’s practice focuses on litigation in the areas of real property, title, mechanics liens, complex business commercial disputes, and civil appeals. Ms. Jain has represented parties in all aspects of litigation at the trial and appellate levels as well as in arbitration, from the pre-litigation stage through trial. Ms. Jain’s trial/litigation experience covers a broad range of issues, including property/real estate, title and escrow, breach of contract, insurance, business torts, breach of fiduciary duty, elder abuse, toxic torts, employment, drug and medical device, professional liability, unfair competition, and general commercial litigation. Ms. Jain has also counseled corporate clients on various legal matters, including lending matters, insurance coverage, and employment issues.
- Successfully prosecuted adversary action in bankruptcy court by warding off challenges to client’s multi-million dollar lien, and obtaining 6-figure recovery of attorneys’ fees and costs.
- After intervening in an action just before trial, successfully tried case and obtained judgment holding that intervenor clients were both bona fide encumbrancers.
- Obtained appellate reversal of trial court’s adverse summary judgment ruling, allowing the clients to proceed with their unfair competition claims against a developer/seller of a high-rise condominium project.
- Secured victory on appellate writ petition regarding the amount to which a contractor’s lien is limited.
- Obtained favorable trial verdict in case implicating disputed property rights.
- Obtained favorable trial verdict in case implicating elder abuse claims with respect to attempts to cancel certain title instruments.
- Obtained judgment against mortgage-fraud perpetrator.
- Secured multi-million dollar settlement for Enron Wind Energy Systems in complex bankruptcy adversary proceeding.
- Secured multi-million dollar arbitration award in commercial contract action relating to the aviation industry.
- Successfully tried multiple property/real estate actions.
- Obtained summary judgment on business tort action seeking hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Filed successful writ of mandate with California appellate court seeking reversal of lower court’s order, which led to lower court’s reversal of its own order before appellate court could address issue.
- Successfully blocked high-exposure lawsuit based on constitutional grounds, despite court’s prior ruling that client could be sued in parallel proceeding.
- Obtained dismissal of insurance matter involving cross-border transaction that sought millions of dollars.
- Formulated novel strategy for challenging product liability claims, leading to favorable settlements in multiple cases.
- Defense Research Institute’s national publication, For the Defense: Preemption of State Fraud-on-the FDA Claims
Other Professional Activities
- Member, State Bar of California
- Constitutional Rights Foundation: Lawyer In The Classroom instructor.
Prior Professional Experience
- Murphy Rosen LLP (2009-2013)
- Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP, Los Angeles (2002-2009)
- Crosby, Heafey, Roach & May, Los Angeles (1997-2002)