Shaunt T. Arevian
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2003, Cornell Law Review, Magna Cum Laude
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2000
Shaunt Arevian’s practice focuses primarily on complex business litigation. He has represented clients in a broad array of federal and state court litigation. In particular, he has litigated and counseled clients in matters ranging from intellectual property disputes, First Amendment and speech related issues, trade secret, breach of contract, business torts, shareholder and partnership disputes, securities claims, and reinsurance issues. In addition to his trial court practice, Mr. Arevian has also handled numerous state and federal appeals.
In recognition of his accomplishments, Mr. Arevian has been named a Southern California “Rising Star” by Los Angeles Magazine in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- Currently prosecuting trade secret and fiduciary duty claims in federal court on behalf of an insurer in the public risk segment against a former executive and a competing insurer who misappropriated trade secret information.
- Currently defending breach of contract and declaratory relief claims on behalf of Argo Group, an international underwriter of insurance and reinsurance products, arising from alleged environmental contamination and related efforts to investigate and remediate property in Torrance, California.
- Currently defending a leading radio advertising firm in a shareholder dispute involving claims for breach of contract, fiduciary duty, and interference with contractual relations.
- Currently defending an individual in connection with a Securities and Exchange Commission investigation into alleged violations of the securities laws.
- Prosecuted trade secret and unfair competition claims in federal court on behalf of the largest provider of language interpretation services against a competitor who misappropriated highly sensitive trade secret information. Obtained a preliminary injunction at the outset of the litigation, preventing any continued use of the trade secret information. The matter settled on confidential terms.
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of claims for negligence, premises liability, and ultrahazardous activity on behalf of Columbia University in connection with its management of the Biosphere facility in Arizona.
- Secured summary adjudication of California Constitutional debt limitation claims on behalf of Fortune 500 Global bank, Dexia Credit Local, against the City of Bell relating to $35 million in bonds issued by the City of Bell.
- Prosecuted trademark and unfair competition claims on behalf of IXL Learning, Inc. against Mattel Inc. and Fisher-Price, Inc. The matter settled on confidential terms.
- Prosecuted breach of contract and declaratory relief claims arising from a reinsurance contract on behalf of a major insurance company. The matter settled on confidential terms.
- Secured an affirmance in full on behalf of the heirs of the late musician, Eva Cassidy, in an appeal stemming from disputed licensing and film rights. The opinion was published and available at Blix Street Records, Inc. v. Cassidy, 191 Cal.App.4th 39, 119 Cal.Rptr.3d 574 (2010).
- Secured an affirmance in full on behalf of a biotechnology company in an appeal involving the scope of free speech protections and the litigation privilege.
- Secured a dismissal with prejudice of business tort claims asserted against a former CEO of a major semiconductor company.
- Secured a dismissal with prejudice of federal securities fraud claims asserted against the former CEO and CFO of a major television manufacturer and distributor.
- Successfully defended numerous individuals and entities in connection with Securities and Exchange Commission investigations and formal proceedings.
Prior Professional Experience
- Associate, Murphy Rosen Meylan & Davitt, Santa Monica, California (2010-2012)
- Associate, Irell & Manella LLP, Los Angeles, California (2005-2010)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Federico A. Moreno, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (2003-2004)
444 S. Flower Street Suite 1850 Los Angeles, CA 90071
T (213) 225-6000 | F (213) 225-6660
Copyright © 2014 . All Rights reserved