Shaunt T. Arevian
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2003, Cornell Law Review, Magna Cum Laude
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2000
Shaunt Arevian’s practice focuses primarily on complex business litigation. He has represented clients in a broad array of federal and state court litigation. In particular, he has litigated and counseled clients in matters ranging from intellectual property disputes, First Amendment and speech related issues, trade secret, breach of contract, business torts, shareholder and partnership disputes, securities claims, and reinsurance issues. In addition to his trial court practice, Mr. Arevian has also handled numerous state and federal appeals.
In recognition of his accomplishments, in 2008 and in every year since 2010, Mr. Arevian has been named a Southern California “Rising Star” by Los Angeles Magazine.
- Currently prosecuting trade secret and unfair competition claims in federal court on behalf of the largest provider of language interpretation services against a competitor who misappropriated highly sensitive trade secret information. Obtained a preliminary injunction at the outset of the litigation, preventing any continued use of the trade secret information.
- Currently defending breach of contract and declaratory relief claims on behalf of Argo Group, an international underwriter of insurance and reinsurance products, arising from alleged environmental contamination and related efforts to investigate and remediate property in Torrance, California.
- Secured summary adjudication of California Constitutional debt limitation claims on behalf of Fortune 500 Global bank, Dexia Credit Local, against the City of Bell relating to $35 million in bonds issued by the City of Bell.
- Prosecuted trademark and unfair competition claims on behalf of IXL Learning, Inc. against Mattel Inc. and Fisher-Price, Inc. The matter settled on confidential terms.
- Prosecuted breach of contract and declaratory relief claims arising from a reinsurance contract on behalf of a major insurance company. The matter settled on confidential terms.
- Prosecuted trademark and copyright claims on behalf of the toy manufacturer, Aurora World International, against Ty Inc. The matter settled on confidential terms.
- Secured an affirmance in full on behalf of the heirs of the late musician, Eva Cassidy, in an appeal stemming from disputed licensing and film rights. The opinion was published and available at Blix Street Records, Inc. v. Cassidy, 191 Cal.App.4th 39, 119 Cal.Rptr.3d 574 (2010).
- Secured an affirmance in full on behalf of a biotechnology company in an appeal involving the scope of free speech protections and the litigation privilege.
- Secured a dismissal with prejudice of business tort claims asserted against a former CEO of a major semiconductor company.
- Secured a dismissal with prejudice of federal securities fraud claims asserted against the former CEO and CFO of a major television manufacturer and distributor.
Prior Professional Experience
- Associate, Murphy Rosen Meylan & Davitt, Santa Monica, California (2010-2012)
- Associate, Irell & Manella LLP, Los Angeles, California (2005-2010)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Federico A. Moreno, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (2003-2004)
444 S. Flower Street Suite 1850 Los Angeles, CA 90071
T (213) 225-6000 | F (213) 225-6660
Copyright © 2013 . All Rights reserved